Monday, August 2, 2010

Bad at updating

I’ve been bad about making updates. Luke is now 20 weeks old and he’s changing so much. At his 4 month appointment he was just shy of being 14 pounds (which is tiny compared to his buddy, Tommy, who is 3 days older than Luke but weighs in at 18 pounds!) He’s mastered rolling over. Well, he’s mastered rolling from his back to his tummy and whining when he’s stuck on his tummy and can’t roll back yet. The rolling is cute…and really annoying when we’re trying to change his diaper and he thinks it would be more fun to change a diaper while he’s rolling, Guess what? It’s not more fun to change a diaper on a wiggling rolling baby. I also find myself singing the Rawhide song to him all the time, “Rollin rollin rollin get that baby rollin rollin rollin rollin Rawhide!”

Other big changes in the last (wow, I haven’t written anything in over a month) weeks are:
* Drooly drooly baby who acted so fussy that we were sure he was teething was just a phase. No teeth are sprouting. He just went through a really drooly cranky phase.
* He’s sitting up better than before and holds his head like a rock star
* We’ve started feeding him rice cereal and I’m trying to be patient but he hasn’t quite gotten the hang of eating yet. He pushes it out with his tongue and it gets all over (of course) and he makes a huge mess. I’ve tried experimenting with the consistency. Trying it really soupy and a tiny bit thicker but he isn’t progressing much either way. I’ve tried when he’s full and when he’s hungry. So far the only thing I found that absolutely does not work is trying to feed him when he’s tired. He cried and whined and spilled the cereal all over so I tried to give him what he hadn’t spilled and called it a night. I know he’ll get there soon and I’ll look back fondly on the days when I only had to give him a bottle or nurse him to feed him and didn’t have to worry about bringing snacks wherever I go.
* He scooches on his tummy like a little lizard baby and makes little inch worm progress as he kicks his legs like crazy. But he won’t be making much headway until he builds that upper body strength a little more. He can do those mini baby push-ups but maybe I should add some of that weight lifter body bulker stuff to his bottle. Then I can have a pumped up baby.
* He’s much more interested and interactive with his toys now. His current favorites are his Caterpillar (with colors, numbers and music), his creepy Glo Worm doll, his steering wheel, telephone, piano and other miscellaneous baby toys (rattle, teething toys, etc.) He is so cute when he’s playing with the steering wheel because he pushes the buttons and he loves the sounds he makes. He also pounds on his piano like a little baby Mozart.
* He found his feet a few weeks ago and he can often be found lying on his back with both feet in his mouth rocking on his little behind. It’s so dang cute! Sometimes he prefers playing with his feet rather than with any baby toys. And he gets mad when I get him ready for bed and put him in his Sleep Sack which is basically a big baby bag that keeps his feet inside. He’s such a kicker that if I don’t put him in the Sleep Sack his tootsies are freezing.
* He keeps putting weight on his legs and likes to stand when supported
* He is really vocal and makes tons of coos and sweet little baby sounds. We have little conversations when I get home from work and ask him how his day was. He coos his response and giggles and sings. He is so adorable it makes my chest hurt.

Here’s his 4 month picture. I’ll be adding his 5 month picture soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment