Tuesday, June 15, 2010

3 Months Old!

The Little Man (aka Handsy according to Pete) is three months old today! Happy 3 Month Birthday, Luke! I will take his three month picture tonight when I get home and he will be posing in his little onesie in the rocker. I received the custom onesie stickers from Aunt Jane as a shower gift and they are so cute! I pose Luke in the same rocker each month so we can see as he grows. The last two months were a little difficult getting him to sit up-right in the rocker so I could take his picture. He was actually more propped than sitting. I think he’ll have a much easier time sitting today than previous months. I’m sure when I make him sit in the rocker on his 18th birthday he’ll be holding his head up just fine and filling out the rocker quite nicely! Since I was so negligent about updating the blog while on maternity leave, I haven’t added his one month or two month picture. So here they are!




I’m trying not to obsess on baby milestones and whether he’s “on target.” It can become a slippery slope if I keep checking where he is developmentally and I’d rather just be aware of any warning signs of things he should definitely be doing by this age. So far, he’s GREAT! I also want to steer clear of comparing him to how his daycare buddy is doing. Tommy is the little boy (3 whole days older than Luke) who our nanny also watches. Tommy can console himself by putting his hand in his mouth and Luke doesn’t do that. Tommy sleeps better than Luke. I have to put a stop to it right now because as they get older and have more noticeable changes I don’t want to be comparing Luke to Tommy and thinking he’s not developing on target. One of them will roll over before the other one does and it’s ok. It doesn’t make one kid better than the other. (Unless it’s Luke and then of course he only rolled over first because he is the super advanced superior super baby.) Luke did roll from his back to his belly while we were in Virginia but I still think it was a fluke because we were both sitting on the bed and I think the mattress and my big butt kind of helped him out. So I will be comfortable and confident that my baby boy is perfect and developing at just the right pace. He will be doing all the big stuff soon enough and I am content to hold his not quite ready to fully roll over body close to me while he is sleeping. I don’t have to worry about him pushing me away or talking back to me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment