Thursday, September 2, 2010

Labor Day weekend

I am loving/dreading this weekend. I love the fact that we don’t have any serious plans. I’m going to drive out and visit Colleen and drop off Luke on the way to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa but otherwise the weekend is open. I love that it’s mainly unplanned and open. I am dreading the little guy’s schedule. I am a very lucky mama. Luke is so good almost all the time. (I am probably jinxing myself by writing this.) He hardly ever cries, he sleeps through the night (form maybe 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.) and he is so dang adorable and wakes up smiling. I love that little guy so much! BUT for some reason his schedule gets a little wonky on the weekend and he gets super cranky. He doesn’t really cry but he does whine. He whines a lot. And I do all of the standard “what does my baby need right now” analyzing. The majority of the time is because he’s tired or cranky. He was fighting a little cold the last two weekends but I’m kind of jealous of the fact that he takes 4 hour naps for Grace during the week but never naps more than an hour at a time with us on the weekends. So that’s the part I don’t love. I love spending time with him. And since I get to work from home on Friday, there’s even more time I’ll see him since I won’t have to commute. And then there’s the bonus day of not working on Monday. So yay for more time with Luke. But please please don’t let him whine the entire time!

Maybe we’ll be able to wrangle a sitter and actually take in a movie. I don’t even know what’s out right now but I do know I miss spending time with my husband. Yeah, we spend time together washing dishes and eating dinner and changing diapers and playing with Luke. By the time Luke falls asleep at night I am zoning out and falling asleep on the couch so I head up to bed since I know I’ll be waking up between 5:00 and 5:30 a.m. plus the recent wake up call I’ve been receiving lately of pesky insomnia keeping me awake for a few hours from 1:00 on. (can you say run on sentence?) I think I’ve got the insomnia thing beat (*fingers crossed*) I am hoping the weather stays nice (no hurricane Earl out here) and we can take a few walks since my knee (which has been bugging me for almost 3 weeks) is almost back to normal. Normal for me is a dull pain and achey pins and needles rather than shooting pain and the knee hyper-extending and giving out on me.

So here’s to walks in the park with my favorite guys (hubby, baby and dog – if my dad were there that would be my 4 fave guys) and sitting outside and reading some books and relaxing LOTS.

In non-weekend news, Luke tried bananas last night and LOVED them. Who wouldn’t? I mean, bananas are the shiznit, right? So bananas for the next few days (which means Grandma gets to give him some) and then avocado for a few days. After that it’s carrots, pears, applesauce, squash and peaches. Once he gets through being introduced to those foods, he’ll be set for us mixing it up and he can have a serving of a fruit, veggie and rice/barley/oat cereal each day. Go baby!

We see his pediatrician on Friday the 10th for his 6 month checkup and see how much he weighs and how tall he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment