Friday, September 10, 2010

a little bit of this...a little bit of that

I'm all over the place today.

I haven't written on my blog in a week. I've been trying to get back to writing daily but I'm just proud if I manage once a week. And that's OK.

I'm not working today. It's not an I'm working from home day - it's an honest to goodness I'm not working at all today kind of day. I slept in...well, kind of. Luke woke up at 3:00 am and talked to himself for awhile and I left him alone and he fell back asleep. Then he woke up for good at 5:00 am. How come on the days I have to go to work, I have to wake him up - sometimes at 6:30 but the day I can sleep in, he's wide awake and hungry. So I got up and fed him and laid down on the bed in the spare bedroom with him hoping he'd fall back asleep so I could also fall back asleep but no such luck. He's just discovered my face lately. Well, discovered that it's fun to pull my nose, stroke my cheek, bop me in the forehead, etc. He broke one of my favorite necklaces last night (not broken forever. Pete should be able to fix it) and I guess it's my own fault because I should know better than to wear any jewelry around a six month old. But I did nap from about 5:30 to 6:45 so I guess that counts as sleeping in.

Luke has his 6 month pediatrician appointment today. Oh.My.Goodness. Seriously. SIX MONTHS? Already? Yeah, my little man is half a freakin year old already. As far as I can tell (from my wealth of knowledge gained from baby books and mom blogs) he is developmentally on track. I'll let the doctor confirm today. He babbles and is learning to make new sounds. He eats...sometimes. Lately he's decided he doesn't really want to eat solid food and he'll begrudgingly eat his cereal but that's about it. Does.Not.Like.Carrots. Not one little bit. We tried to reintroduce him to peas but nah, no thanks. Even tried bananas (the best fruit ever) and he passed on that. Oh well. He's getting everything he needs from the breast milk and he'll eat when he needs to I guess. I keep trying though. He's not sitting up on his own yet. He's not crawling but he does the army crawl scooching thing which is pretty cute. I don't mind him being immobile for a bit longer. He's given up his pacifiers and he sucks his thumb like a champ.

Last weekend was great. Got to visit Colleen, spend time with Luke's Grandma and Grandpa (and his Great Grandma and Uncle Freddie). We went to the Taste of Melrose Park which was super yummy and the best place to people watch EVER. I was expecting the Real Housewives of NJ and the Situation, Snooki and every other Italian stereotype reality star to bump into us. The food was so good. The highlights were these artichoke puffs, fried zucchini, best italian ice ever and this weird ground beef, cheese, rice thing which was then in some breading and fried. Oh wow. That was good. We didn't do much of anything at all on Labor Day even though we had the best of intentions. I was feeling so sick and I could do much of anything. I did take a nap which was heaven and Luke decided to be cranky for the majority of the day (and I got to sleep through part of it - yay for Pete!)

I am super excited about this weekend. Started yesterday with donuts and my fantasy football league draft was last night. Fanta wha???? I never thought I'd participate in fantasy anything. Well maybe final fantasy...or reading a fantasy sci fi book but not fantasy SPORTS. It's part of my whole "try to do something outside of your comfort zone" thing. And this is way outside my comfort zone. But it's a girl's league and it sounds fun. Plus I need to start preparing myself for being the mom to a little BOY who will probably like sports (he will like sports because Pete and I do not like sports. that's how these things go) and I may as well learn now. So, yeah I'm on a fantasy football league and I think we got a good team.

I'm spending the morning lounging around and eating caramels. No! But I am relaxing while getting ready for my niece to come visit. Caitlin is coming! Caitlin is coming! I am excited and we are going to have a blast. I love that kid and it's so weird to think that I was around Caitlin's age now when she was born - so she's looking at Luke like I used to look at her (not sure if that makes sense). It's also weird because he's her cousin but she will be more like an auntie to him. We're going to do yoga, get makeovers in Bucktown, go shopping in Andersonville (hi Emily!) go to the block party, go to church, hit the Harrison St art fest and hopefully the Renegade Craft fair as well. Whew! I hope I'm not packing too much into 2 1/2 days but there's so much going on this weekend that I think she'd enjoy.

Luke's getting his 6 month pictures taken today. I hope it's a better experience than at JC Penney's. We're going to Picture People and when I asked them how much time to allow they said an hour. Which is a far cry than the 15 minutes JCP tried to get his pictures done in. I have 3 outfits picked out for him. And yes, one of them is a sailor suit. hahahhahahah. I crack myself up.

Here's to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment