Friday, November 12, 2010

Late 7 Month Letter to Luke

Dear Luke,
I want to write something to you each month about how you’re changing and growing but a lot of my goals get a little sidetracked. So, here we are only a few days before you are 8 months old and I’m finally writing your 7 month letter. Ooops. I will try to only address things related to you from 6 months to 7 months. I remember sitting down and talking to your dad about those changes we’d seen in you and now I just need to try to recall them all.

I’m rereading my letter to you at 6 months as a frame of reference. Ok, much better now. Of course I have tons of things to write for your 8 month letter, but let me address your 7th month first!

You and Deano finally noticed each other! One day it’s like you both looked around and thought “Huh. There’s a baby in the house.” and “Huh look, there’s a cat.” Deano is so unbelievably patient and curious. You like to grab fistfuls of cat hair and the cat just looks ta me barely squirming on my lap. The first time it happened, I wasn’t even holding Deano, he just kind of sat with us on the couch. You pulled his hair and he just looked at you like “Really???” but sat there until you did it a few times and then without a hiss or snarl, he simply walked away showing you he had enough. When he walks in the room you almost always smile at him – but he doesn’t always smile back at you.

You are sleeping and eating about the same. You are such a great baby who still sleeps through the night and I know how very lucky we are for you to continue to do that! You just started eating some finger foods like Cheerios and tiny cut up pieces of banana. You like oatmeal better than rice cereal so that’s what we keep feeding you. I think you’ve eaten all of the normal baby foods available in the fruit and veggie department and luckily there don’t seem to be any allergies or reactions.

You love bath time and I bought you a new inflatable duck tub that sits in the big bathtub and it’s nice and soft and cushy for you to lean against. You’re too big to get a bath in the sink any more. You have yet to get tired of being in the tub and want to get out. I think I always take you out before you’re ready – but you never cry or complain about it. I love that just washed so sweet baby smell. I think I will use Johnson’s baby shampoo forever. No more tears and a great smell – why not?? So far the only bath toys you play with are your little squirty toys. The duckies, fish and octopus are your favorites (I just have to remember to squeeze ALL of the water out after each bath so we don’t end up with moldy squirt toys.)

You started sitting up much better and are almost sitting up all by yourself. You like to lean on a toy or two for support still. Some of your favorite toys this month are your Baby Einstein music cube, your baby workbench and you still love the piano/xylophone combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment