Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The countdown

12 days until I go back to work
9 days until my first work-related conference call
7 days until I leave for Virginia
2 days until my massage appointment

and approximately 712 things I'd like to finish before I go back to work. It's time to revise and make a more realistic list of what I will finish before going back to work.

I have not taken nearly enough naps during my maternity leave and even now I am so utterly exhausted after being up most of the night with Luke. He's napping right now - has been for the last hour and a half. I tried laying down. I closed my eyes but my mind is racing and I assume I am over tired and/or running on caffeine. I am dreading the possibility that he will keep "sleeping" like this when I go back to work and I will be completely ineffective at my job. He will be waking up soon. I intend to avoid additional caffeine, not plan anything to do outside of the house for the rest of the day and the next time he naps, I hope to be napping right next to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment