Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm back!

I don't know if there's any interest but I'm trying to finally get back to my blog. It's been a full two months since I've last posted and there's so much I want to write about. The most exciting thing is that last night Luke slept 4 hours, woke up to eat and then slept another 4 hours. I was positive there was something wrong with him because it wasn't his usual wake up every 2 hours...or every hour. Pete reminded me that one night doesn't make a trend but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does it more often.

My little guy is just amazing. Yeah, he doesn't do much yet. There's a lot of sleeping and pooping and spitting up. He eats too. And....that's about it. Ok, not really. He has been smiling more lately and making those sickeningly sweet adorable cooing sounds. And just this week for the first time he actually grabbed and held on to one of his toys.

To be honest there hasn't been a whole lot to post in the last few months because I forget what it's like to get a full night's sleep. I know, I know...take a nap. But it's the rare day that his nap schedule coincides with when I want to take a nap so I'd say 95% of the time I go napless - and that's ok. He's so little and he doesn't do much but it's so difficult to get anything done around the house. (He's napping right now). If I'm going to do laundry in the basement I take the monitor downstairs with me and he starts crying every time. There are also the fussy days when he just wants to be held and what kind of mother doesn't want to hold her adorable baby? So there are days that Pete gets home and I haven't started dinner yet because the baby kept me from finishing anything. But I am proud of myself that since I came home from the hospital I have taken a shower every_single_day. So, yay me! I've made the bed almost every day and have been able to keep up with housework and laundry. The baby's laundry is insane. I don't know how such a little guy goes through so many clothes. When he was first born it was a contest to who had more outfit changes - him or me. I had every bodily fluid on me from him - blood, pee, poop, spit up. And surprisingly it hasn't grossed me out nearly as much as I thought it would. When he projectile pooped onto my leg I just laughed (and cleaned myself up). When he peed on Pete, it soaked through Pete's shirt and shorts and he had to take a shower. Too funny.

There are so many moments I am a living cliche and I find myself just staring at him and I am amazed I can love this person SO much. I can't think of anything I wouldn't do for him. There are no possessions or human organs that I wouldn't give up for him. Pete and I both make up little songs to sing to him.

So much for finishing this post uninterrupted. Will write more later.

1 comment: