Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Doctor's appointment and stuff

I haven't posted much lately so I will back up a bit. I had the most relaxing weekend. I was very disappointed that I had to bail on the opera tickets we had for Friday night (Damnation of Faust) which was a Christmas present for Pete and I to take his parents. But I decided to cheer myself up and I got a pregnancy massage that night (something I knew would not be painful and uncomfortable) after work. I managed to stumble home after the massage feeling like a big pile of content jelly. I caught up on tv and went to bed early. Ahhhh.
On Saturday, I slept in and Pete didn't snore (yay!!) and I went to yoga, went grocery shopping, made my dish for the recipe party and took a nap. I woke up gave myself a mini spa day with a manicure and a facial and took my time getting ready. Then headed over to Georgia's for the recipe party where I had a great time. I had planned on leaving at 9:00 but I was enjoying hanging out with everyone so much I didn't actually leave until after 11:00. It was a great time. On Sunday I lounged around and I can't remember the last time I had such a relaxing and lazy weekend that I didn't feel guilty about it. Uncle Curt was also over painting the mural so I got to chat with him and check in on the progress every now and then.
Some of the reasons I was able to relax are because my mom was so recently in town and she got us all caught up on laundry and made food for us. We recently hired a cleaning lady to come every other week so I wasn't obsessing about cleaning at all. I was able to read, watch some tv, cross-stitch and decompress. It felt amazing! I tried to take a nap on Sunday too but was unsuccessful. :(

We had a bit of a scare on Monday night because I had contractions for about 5 hours. They weren't even regular enough to time them but I was getting about 3 an hour for 5 hours. We looked at each other a few times and thought "could this be it?" I did what I normally do when I get Braxton Hicks contractions (put my feet up and drink lots of water) but they continued even when I was sitting on the couch. I did the opposite and tried walking and they still happened. They felt different than what I was used to and I made Pete feel my belly as they were happening. It wasn't just the baby moving around. It was weird. But they stopped and we were relieved.

Since then I haven't had any contractions but I did get a cold. I managed to go the entire winter and not get sick and now that it's nicer weather out and I am almost ready to deliver (and am miserable) I get a cold on top of it. Yay. I asked the doctor what to take and she said Sudafed which I thought was weird because that usually makes me hyper but I took Benadryl yesterday and that didn't do much of anything. I thought it would make me super sleepy like it usually does but it actually made me more awake. Maybe pregnancy gives drugs the opposite effect. We'll see. I'm trying to wait and take the Sudafed when I get home.

The doctor's appointment went well today. Blood pressure is normal and I gained 1 pound in 2 weeks. Belly is measuring right on target and the baby's heartbeat is nice and strong. She did the internal exam and the baby has definitely dropped. It has been easier to breathe lately and the heartburn has gotten so much better so who knows when he dropped. She said it could have been gradual or maybe that's why I had contractions on Monday, because he was dropping even more. She couldn't feel the cervix to see if and how much I was dilated because the baby's big head was dropped so much she didn't want to hurt me by trying to feel the cervix. When I asked her "So, I'm not dilated at all, right?" she wouldn't answer me. But she seemed confident she'd see me next week so that's good news.

I gave Pete an update on the doctor's appointment and we both agree we should get that car seat in the car - just in case. We cleared off the memory card on the camera but I think we will make sure that battery is charged and throw that in the bag.

I am now editing my previous guess of delivering late on April 5 and my new guess is March 20. This way he can share his Auntie Marci's birthday and be a Pisces like his mama.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! I would guess he's going to be a little early too, he seems ready to greet the world. :)

    ReplyDelete