Monday, March 1, 2010

Still taking it all in

I had my baby shower yesterday and I am still trying to process it all. It was such a wonderful day – my mother-in-law hosted the shower and had it at a great restaurant and the food was amazing, the tables were great (cutest centerpieces and favors) and there were so many people there. I am so honored that so many people came to wish our baby well and help us get prepared to have everything we need to get started raising him. Georgia took tons of pictures and I will post some later. I am still exhausted (who knew opening presents could make you so tired??!) and I haven’t been sleeping well. I have a feeling I will crash tonight.

Banjo’s been moving around and kicking lots which is a relief since I took a little tumble on my way in yesterday. I can’t blame it on anything or anyone – I just lost my footing and my ankle twisted a little and down I went. I protected my belly with my left hand and used my right hand and knee to brace my fall. I was fine and the baby’s fine (I could feel him moving around when we got inside and all night long) but it scared me. My knee didn’t hurt at all yesterday and my hand hurt some but today they were throbbing. I feel silly. I usually always laugh at myself when I fall (which sadly, is a lot!) but this time I couldn’t laugh because I was so scared. After I got over the shock of what happened I cried and then I was fine. I need to be more careful. I am also going to work from home 2 days a week now so hopefully that will reduce the number of opportunities I can fall.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have made it out to your shower! I miss you! I am glad it was so wonderful - you deserve the BEST and you have great family and friends who love you and Pete and Banjo soooooo much. :)

    ReplyDelete