Thursday, March 4, 2010

When will the baby arrive?

They threw me a baby shower at work today and I got even more goodies! I have been so lucky!

One of the things I was looking forward to (other than the yummy cake to eat and the cute diaper cake) is to get people’s guesses on the baby stats.

Here’s a breakdown:
The earliest date guessed is March 24 at 2:00 pm and the latest date is April 10 at 12:30 am. The largest weight is 9 pounds, 2 ounces and the smallest weight is 7 pounds 1 ounce. The smallest length is 16.5” and the longest length is 20.” My favorite combo is the 8 pound, 4 ounce baby that is only 16.5” long – what a short, fat baby!

I personally don’t think this baby will make it until April but we’ll see. Last night I had a bit of a scare. I had a new contraction experience. I’m used to the Braxton Hicks contractions by now and know that I need to drink some water, stop walking and put my feet up and then they stop. They always happen in the same place – the bottom of my uterus and it’s a combination between cramping and contractions. What I felt last night was my whole entire uterus contracting. It was every part of my belly and I had Pete feel my belly and he could feel it getting hard and then releasing. It didn’t hurt but it really freaked me out! It was only a few and the feet up and drinking water seemed to help but it was a bit of a reality check for me that this is probably what labor will begin to feel like. So I kind of know what to look for I guess.

On that note, feel free to take a guess on the size and date of Baby Banjo! I set up a page to track people’s guesses.

http://www.expectnet.com/games/Banjo


1 comment:

  1. Whee! Games are fun! I played. :)
    I was just watching The Office on Hulu...have you been watching it? It's so timely. :)

    ReplyDelete