Saturday, December 5, 2009

23 weeks




Banjo is the size of a papaya. I can't think of the last time I bought a papaya so it's not a great frame of reference for me. Since he's almost 12" now, I like to think that he's the size of a Subway sandwich instead. He weighs almost one whole pound!


I had my prenatal yoga class today and chatted with the teacher about her being our doula. She seemed excited but she felt the need to remind me that she is not a certified doula and that this would be her first birth she would be participating in. I don't mind because it's not like I'm asking her to my midwife or my doctor. I will be delivering in a hospital and there will be medical assistance all around. I want her as a doula because she has shown us the positions and breathing exercises during class that will help with pain management during labor. It also will take some of the stress off of Pete. She suggested I look into the Bradley method as well even though we don't plan on having a natural childbirth experience (drugs are good). We stayed and chatted for about a half hour and she was so excited. We decided to have a sit down meeting and go over the birth plan in more detail when I'm closer to my due date - maybe late February, early March. Next week is the last prenatal yoga class until the next session starts January 9.

Banjo has been kicking away and I LOVE it.

I also love that I've been able to sleep. I only woke up once last night and I woke up at 5:00 to let Samson out and then got a few more hours of sleep. It feels great to catch up on sleep. I think the crazy insomnia thing has left for now. I'm sure it will be back - which just makes me treasure every moment of sleep I get now!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! A subway sandwich. I love the visual. Banjo sandwich.
    What do the kicks feel like?
    I'm glad you're sleeping again! You sound a lot more chipper in this post!

    ReplyDelete