Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

I can't believe 2009 is almost over. This next year will be bringing so many changes - most of them which revolve around the new baby. Banjo's birthdate will be in 2010. It seems odd to think of it. I look at my friends who have children and I have such an odd mixture of excitement and panic. I'm thrilled to be able to meet my baby and experience all of the joys that go along with it. But I feel a little anxious about not knowing what to expect with the baby. I'm well aware that certain things will change, such as me not being able to go out after work with no notice so things like grocery shopping, any other shopping, dinner or drinks (drinks...what are drinks? I miss that) or concerts and plays after work are a thing of the past. Not to say those things won't ever happen, rather it will take a bit more planning and preparation. There are so many unknowns ahead of us that I won't feel ready for even after reading every single book, magazine article and blog around. Every baby will be different and I hope Banjo is not a terror.

I am looking forward to taking some time off of work after the baby's born but I'm also worried that I'll miss working and being around people. Banjo will be born at a great time of the year because I'll be able to take him for walks around the neighborhood.

I'll be ringing in the new year at our friend's house with some fondue and drinks (sparkling cider for me). My great grandmother always said you shouldn't be home on New Year's Eve - you should always go out somewhere. I've tried to make it a habit every year but that will likely change after Banjo's born. My family also used to have some type of seafood on New Year's Eve for good luck. Since Pete hates seafood most years I've managed to bring my good luck with a fish sandwich from McDonald's. Not quite what we used to do but it seems to have brought me better luck in the last few years than when I've had some expensive seafood. I've also heard that 2 grapes is good luck. I'm not sure of the story behind why. But I'll take whatever good luck I can get.

I have the highest expectations that 2010 will be an incredible year for me and for all of my friends and family! Happy 2010!!

1 comment:

  1. You will miss working I think, but hopefully Banjo will keep you occupied. :)

    ReplyDelete