Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm beginning to resemble...


A duck.

I just noticed yesterday for the first time that my feet no longer point straight ahead, rather they are now angling out and when I'm tired, I have noticed that I waddle. I hesitated between using the term pigeon toed or duck walk but since my belly adds to my new walk, a waddle is definitely more like it. It doesn't happen all the time (yet) but I waddle up stairs and if I'm not paying attention to how I walk, the feet turn out and the belly goes out. I wonder if as I get bigger if my belly will start entering the room before the rest of me does.

I am trying to find an easy way to put on my socks. I'm not even that big yet but so far sitting on the toilet works best. I used to put socks on while standing up...lift one foot up, put on sock, switch legs, repeat. I'm not going to be able to handle that for quite a long time! It's been so cold and I want to wear tights to keep my legs warm. Putting on tights is an aerobic exercise for me. I'm all out of breath by the time I'm done.

Otherwise, I'm feeling good. My legs have been feeling much better with the extra water, milk and staying off them in general. I still get cramps at night but sleeping with the pillow under my leg helps.

The Christmas stress isn't too bad. I have some presents to wrap and a handful of presents to buy but otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape. It helps that the decorating and baking have been done and we already had our party. Now I sit back, relax and enjoy the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment