Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yay for sleep!!

I am shouting it out for everyone to hear…I got 5 hours of sleep last night!!!! I feel so refreshed and amazing. Wow, how sad is that? I don’t care. I am so excited.

I tried to figure out what changed and why I was able to sleep. I can’t think of anything I did differently than any other night. I wish I knew only so I could make sure to do it again tonight but I won’t waste any more time thinking about it. I will just plan on sleeping like a baby again tonight. (sleeping like a baby is more like the last two weeks, right? Getting up every 2 hours...)

Banjo is kicking a lot right now. I’ve noticed that it’s usually after I eat something. For lunch I had a grilled cheese with bacon and huge bowl of fresh fruit (apples, orange slices, grapes and strawberries…yum) I think it’s probably the sugar in the fruit that woke him up. Yesterday I had several pieces of chocolate candy and he gave such a hard kick that I actually saw it! Pretty crazy. I tried to reenact the huge kick event for Pete last night and I ate some fudge and some peppermint patty candies but all I got were normal kicks, nothing big. Oh well, I’m sure there will be plenty o’ time for BIG kicks later.

I was going to try to work on the baby’s room when my parents were in but I decided my time was better spent relaxing with them instead. And I am not going to worry about rushing anything. We got our furniture WAY early and I literally have months to get the room in order. I will worry about getting through the holidays before I even think about the nursery.

Back when I thought Banjo was a girl I was so excited to pick out little girl clothes. Dresses and little tiny shoes with bows on them. I didn’t think boy clothes were as cute. I love being proven wrong – there are so many cute little boy clothes out there! I’ve done some baby shopping recently but I guess I just thought the cute things I found were a fluke and I am relieved to see so many cute little boy outfits. In order to carry on the tradition, I have to find a little sailor suit for Banjo to wear some day. Then I can put it in a picture frame with a picture of his Daddy in a sailor suit too. I will avoid naked baby pictures…except a baby’s little naked butt is so cute. My brother has a collage frame of him with his little naked butt and he recreated the same picture with his sons when they were babies. It’s so cute and it cracks me up when I see it.

I can’t believe there is a baby inside me that is almost a foot long! I’ve got a sub sandwich inside me. I love feeling his little kicks and although it seemed real before, now that we know the gender, it seems even more real and we can imagine what he may look like and what his personality will be like. I can’t wait to meet my son!

1 comment:

  1. I love watching your little Lily Pie baby moving up the chart!

    ReplyDelete