Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Pregnant Girl

I want to be one of those women who LOVES being pregnant. I still have three more months to go and I will be getting bigger and more uncomfortable with every passing week. I love what being pregnant will bring…our wonderful highly anticipated baby boy! But I have to admit (thank to my husband’s observation) that I am not particularly loving the actual being pregnant part as much as I thought I might. And I’m not even having a bad pregnancy (compared to other women who have been on bed rest and throwing up, etc.) I love my baby and I love feeling his little kicks and pokes and prods….and that’s about the only part I love about being pregnant. Maybe I’m a little cranky because the leg cramps were back last night – back strong enough that they woke Pete up this time. I get out of breath walking up the stairs or going short distances. And I still have 3 months to go! It’s interesting to see how my body is changing and adapting to accommodate this lil guy. But it’s also scary and hard to relate to. My body isn’t my own anymore. Nearly everything I do is for Banjo – what I eat, how much water I drink, how much (or how little) I walk, how much I sleep I get, vitamins I take, etc. I guess I just get to hold this over his head for the rest of his life. "Do you know how I had to suffer for you? Oy!"

During lunch today we wrapped presents for the family we adopted at work. I was on my feet wrapping away for about an hour. It was crowded and hot and there wasn’t anywhere to sit but I made it through. Now I should be in the Christmas spirit after all that wrapping to go home and do more! My legs were bugging me afterwards so I propped them up while working on the office Christmas cards.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas time seems like a rough time to be pregnant, with so much going on.
    I'll bet it's scary in some ways, I guess that's something the baby books don't talk about much. Or maybe it's just been like 3 decades since I've even seen a baby book. :) But I never thought of that stuff. Only 3 more months!

    ReplyDelete