Tuesday, December 29, 2009

26 weeks


I’m at the tail end of my 26th week. Starting the 27th week this Friday. According to my doctor’s visit, Banjo has already turned so he’s in the right position with his little head facing down. Here’s an idea of what he looks like about now. Definitely not a lot of room in there. I am almost constantly feeling his little feet and elbows poke and prod. Last night I was looking at pictures in one of my pregnancy books and we were trying to figure out his exact position at the moment given where I was feeling him move. It’s kind of weird to be able to visualize everything going on in there. He now has all five senses functioning (but I can’t imagine what he’s experiencing…not much to see in there) The only senses I can use to communicate with him are the sense of sound (by talking to him or playing music) and the sense of touch by poking my belly to show him what it feels like when somebody is invading your personal space.

He definitely does not like it when I lie on my back so I try to avoid it as much as possible. I love to read in bed so I have to prop myself up a lot in order for us both to be comfortable.

I’m very excited that I haven’t had any more BH contractions and the pressure/pain I’ve been feeling is just a dull ache (that I’m sure will remain for the remainder of the pregnancy).

No comments:

Post a Comment