Monday, December 7, 2009

Another ultrasound appointment

So I went back to the doctor’s today for the ultrasound appointment that I missed on Thursday. Banjo was not cooperating and positioned well enough for them to get all of the necessary images. So, no cute ultrasound pictures to add to the scrapbook from today’s visit. Instead they took about 50 pictures of his heart. I was getting worried that they had me come back and take so many pictures but the ultrasound tech assured me that everything looked good and normal but they needed so many pictures because of his weird position. It was cool because I got to see close up images of his little 4 chambers of the heart and as I watched it pulsing away it was just amazing! There was still one angle they needed that they couldn’t get even after me laying on my side and moving around. Banjo was taking a nice little nap. Usually he moves around so much during his ultrasound appointments that they have a hard time getting him to stop moving but this was the opposite. But I came prepared and I brought some candy since he usually seems to move around after I eat some chocolate (seems he will have a sweet tooth just like his Grandpa Rakshys). Sure enough, I ate my little mini kit kat bar and he woke up and got into the position he needed to be in. I go back tomorrow to meet with the doctor to discuss the ultrasound and other general stuff.

I had a pretty good weekend, although it wasn’t as productive as I would have liked it to be. The Christmas tree is up and decorated (except for the ribbons which I’ll hang tonight). Now I just need to finish going through the boxes I have to decide which decorations (candles and music boxes and stuff like that) that I will be using. Pete complains I have too much stuff but I have pared back and I got rid of stuff last year and the year before. The problem is when I add to the decorations (presents and hand me downs from my family) that I don’t seem to be making any headway. Oh well. I told him he should see what decorations G has and then maybe he’ll appreciate my restraint. Besides, I LOVE Christmas! We put up Banjo’s first Christmas ornament. It’s a Where the Wild Things Are ornament. Pete bought the book for Banjo as a first present and since we can’t get those Baby’s first Christmas ornaments, we’ll always know that this is his first ornament.

I am late on my Christmas cards though which isn’t like me. Hopefully I will be able to work on them and make sure they’re out in the mail by Monday.

My list of normal things to do is blending with baby list of things to do which is merging with Christmas things to do. I am not getting overwhelmed. And I am trying to be realistic about what has to get done, vs what I’d like to get done.

Sleep has been pretty good lately. One night of getting up a lot last night doesn’t negate the several nights in a row of long uninterrupted sleeps I’ve had. I hope the good sleep trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment