Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sleep escapes me

I am so tired and exhausted I am near tears today from sheer frustration. I don’t even know exactly how long it’s been going on but I’m guessing about 2 weeks now. I haven’t gotten a solid night’s sleep. It doesn’t matter what time I go to bed, I wake up and can’t fall back asleep. I sleep in stops and starts and in no way feel refreshed. I am tired of looking at the clock and I have tried getting out of bed and eating a snack and reading and music and taking Benadryl and I can’t sleep more than 2 hours at a time. The typical schedule goes something like this: go to bed between 10:00 – 10:30, wake up between 1:00 and 1:30. Stare at the clock and get a few minutes of sleep here and there. Time permitting, I get a solid two hours of sleep right before I wake up. Even during the Thanksgiving break when I could sleep in, I was still up at 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. even though I’m still not getting enough sleep. I see my doctor on Monday so I will ask him about it but in the meantime I am miserable. Some days are worse than others and I actually feel like I’m getting used to it – like I’m prepping for when Banjo arrives and sleep will be a thing as unattainable as ever having thin hips and a waist again. From what I’ve read, this weird sleep thing isn’t supposed to happen until the 3rd trimester when the kicks and being uncomfortable keeps me awake. Do I seriously have 17 more weeks of non-sleep before the baby even arrives?!!? It’s not stress related because the last week I’ve had no stress at all. Oh well.

I haven’t posted in awhile because I’ve been exhausted and just not around a computer. So much for my blog a day (ha) or 30 posts in 30 days. Oh well. November’s over and I’d like to say I’ll be posting more regularly in December but with the holidays approaching and since we’ll be traveling December 20 – 26, I’m not sure how much blogging I’ll be doing. I need a new belly picture. For some reason in the last 3 days I feel like I’ve gotten HUGE. Maybe I’m just bloated. I also had acid reflux again from drinking a soda. So no more soda or Chinese food for me. But drinking a glass of milk does seem to help.

No other big symptoms. Banjo’s been kicking a lot lately at all different times. I’m afraid my wonky sleep schedule is affecting him as well because I feel him during the day and at night (not that he’s keeping me awake, I just notice it when I’m laying there contemplating sleep). I feel like I lost that shiny healthy hair thing and the brief interlude of a clear complexion I had a few weeks ago. I’m sure the lack of sleep has something to do with it.

My parents were in for a visit last week and we had a nice relaxing visit. Grandma bought Banjo lots of cute outfits (I got a few myself) when we went out shopping on Black Friday. Grandpa got him a huge super soft and squishy stuffed giraffe. We went to Babies R Us to register and got a lot done. There are still a few things I need to research but since the shower isn’t until February 28 I figure we have time.

My to do list is slowly getting unmanageable but I just realized that yesterday. I hope to put a big dent in it this weekend. At least one item on my list can get checked off, since I’ve been meaning to write a blog entry for several days now. Wish me luck for a good night’s sleep.

1 comment:

  1. *hug* I hope you can get some sleep, that sounds so miserable. :( I hope it's just a really temporary thing. I am glad you had fun with your mom and dad. Sounds like they took good care of you. :)
    I have my fingers crossed that you get a solid 8 hours of sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete