Friday, December 4, 2009

popping out of my coat

I am just going to chalk the sleep thing up to hormones and hope that I continue to sleep better but I’m not holding my breath. Banjo’s been kicking up a storm and I’ve noticed certain times that he’s more active – definitely after I eat anything with sugar and also around 3:00 or so. I think he takes a nap after I get him all full of yummy lunch food and that around 3:00 he’s waking up from his nap.

I keep meaning to take belly pictures and I definitely will tonight or tomorrow. Last night I took a picture (will post later) of me in my favorite winter coat which just does not fit me any longer. The buttons were popping and it was so uncomfortable. I wore my down coat today (thanks to my mother-in-law) and I will be breaking out the swing coat very soon (thanks, Mom).

One interesting change I’ve noticed is that I no longer have an outtie belly button. It is officially an innie (and I didn’t even need surgery). I thought all pregnant women got the popping belly button which obviously indicates when the baby is done. Will I develop an outtie again later? Will I never know if the baby’s done? Should I get a turkey thermometer?

My baby has been cooking for 23 weeks now and I like being on the other side of the halfway mark. The kicks are fabulous and now that I can sleep I am one happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment