Thursday, February 18, 2010

34 weeks

Well, I'll officially be 34 weeks on Friday not today. 6 weeks left. Supposedly. I flip flop and sometimes I think I'll deliver early and other times I am positive he will be late. I'm feeling pretty ready for this little guy. My baby shower is next weekend and I'm sure I'll feel even more ready after that. I am looking forward to my mom, sister-in-law and two nieces coming out for the shower. They get in on Friday night and I probably won't be a very good host taking them anywhere exciting. My join paint has gotten a lot better but there is so much pressure from the baby pushing down that it hurts to walk a lot. I also get out of breath pretty easily. So I'm guessing we'll be hanging out at the house a lot. My mom's staying a few days after the shower to help out with stuff which will great.

I'm managing to work from home one day a week and it helps a lot. But my laptop bag is so heavy that the days I bring it home I am hurting by the time I get home. It doesn't bother me as much going in to work with it. I always feel considerably better in the mornings - probably from resting and being off my feet. I don't move around that much during the day but I feel so much better the days I work from home. Last night wasn't a good night - the pelvic pain was really bad. It felt like I was bruised and bending over hurt a lot. Of course when I was making dinner was the perfect time for a jar of olives to fall out of the fridge and break on the tile. I looked at it happening in slow motion and I almost cried. It was agony bending over to clean up the juice, glass and olives. They were kalamata olives too. :( I spent the rest of the night on the couch with a heating pad and only moved to go to the bathroom or go to bed. But this morning I felt fine. But back to work tomorrow.

We have our baby class at the hospital this Saturday. 8:30 - 4:00 - it's going to be a long day. I have a feeling Pete and I will be bored and making jokes but we will try and pay attention and learn everything we can. I have heard mixed reviews from these types of classes. Some people say it's a lot of common sense stuff and if you've read a book or a few websites, you'll already be ahead of the game. And others said it was definitely worth going to. I'll let you know what we think.

1 comment:

  1. Not long now! This is exciting!

    If the baby class tells you one thing you didn't know, maybe it will be worth it. You'll probably already know a lot. Here are some tips I learned. You're supposed to change their litter like twice a day or something, and moisten their kibble with warm water if they seem reluctant to eat. Also, don't let your baby play with a toaster until it's a year old at LEAST! There you go, tips from the expert!

    ReplyDelete