Monday, February 1, 2010

Making Lists

I make lists. I love lists. I can’t begin to count the number of lists I have made that are somehow related to this baby. I’ve made lists about possible due dates (when I first found out I was pregnant but before the doctor’s appointment), lists of possible baby names (boy and girl), lists of songs for my baby play list, list of books I want baby to have, lists of things to register for and lists of who to invite to the shower. I have also made about 5 trillion To Do lists. Some sites call this the Baby Bucket List – which is supposed to be one all-encompassing list of what you need to get done before the baby’s born. I don’t think I’m a big fan of the term baby Bucket List since it’s taken from the movie about getting things done before you kick it and I don’t like to equate giving birth with dying. There are also different flavors of the list – one is everything you want to do before you get pregnant, such as go sky diving (something I still haven’t done), get a tattoo (I have two but I want another) and so on. My to do lists are often lists inside a list. One item is write a Birth Plan. Another is write a list of things to bring to the hospital. Oy! I’m getting dizzy from my own lists.

But I have accomplished a few things off of my lists and I feel great! I found a pediatrician and I registered at the hospital. I thought I had more time to do these things but at my doctor’s appointment last week, I was reminded again that I needed to get this done asap. The first pediatrician that was recommended to me doesn’t take my insurance. So I found another reference and called them and they do take it. Then I went online and got all registered. Now if something were to happen and I went into labor early, I’d be all set. I also bought a few things to put in my overnight bag since this was really stressing me out for whatever reason. I found some maternity/nursing pajamas I liked that came with a matching onesie for the baby. Awwww. I also have some travel size toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, loofah, body wash, facial cleaners and lotion. I’m going to finish getting the other few things I want to bring and throw it all in a bag so it’s done.

We picked the paint colors for the baby’s room. I don’t know why I had to obsess so much about the colors but I am 100% happy with the colors and relieved to have finally made a decision. We’re also getting closer to figuring out what the baby’s room will look like.

I will continue to have more lists and hopefully I will keep feeling that huge feeling of relief as things get checked off.

One thing I don’t mind checking off are my physical therapy appointments. Two down and two to go and since they’re going so well I don’t think there will be a need for me to continue them after that. I have the exercises I need and the belt and I hope I can continue the rest of the pregnancy with a minimum of pain. Next appointment is on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see pics of the baby's room!
    It sounds like PT has been working well, and you're in less pain (at least, I hope!) I'm glad stuff is coming together. :)

    ReplyDelete