Monday, February 8, 2010

Great Weekend

I had such a great weekend. Nothing monumental – but Saturday was super relaxing and Sunday was super productive. So even though I am super tired today because I couldn’t fall back asleep after I woke up at 2:00 am I still feel great because I love walking around the house getting ready and everything is clean and orderly. I am not a neat freak but I think maybe it’s a combination of nesting along with the fact that I love our house and I can’t see having a beautiful house and cluttering it up. I put the Roomba to work in the spare bedroom and the master bedroom to attack all of those dust bunnies under the bed. Why get on my hands and knees or moves furniture when my little robot can do it for me?

On Saturday I had my fabulous day of relaxation. I started the day by sleeping in, having a yummy breakfast and then going to yoga. Then went to meet Colleen for lunch before my prenatal massage and then a pedicure. Both were amazing – I think it was quite literally the best pedicure I’ve ever had in my entire life. Ahhhhh. The pregnancy massage was incredible. I had to be on my sides since I obviously can’t lie on my belly. There was also about 10 minutes at the end when I was on my back. So between those positions I think she managed to get everything. It’s interesting to compare this massage to other massages I’ve received. Usually I have tons of knots in my shoulders and neck that they need to get out. One of the benefits of this pregnancy is better posture (forced upon me from physical therapy and yoga) and I had some tightness in that area – but nothing like I used to have. My back hasn’t been particularly sore but the back massage was definitely my favorite part. After my massage I went to my in-laws early before everyone else showed up for my father-in-law’s birthday dinner. So to end the day with a great dinner I didn’t have to make and cupcakes and decaf coffee = OUTSTANDING!

On Sunday I started doing things around the house but I had to sop myself a few times and sit on the couch because what’s the use of putting all that relaxing from the day before to waste if I run around and get stressed out? So I did things in spurts and was still super-productive but did not over do it by any means.

Pete got three walls in the nursery painted the most perfect shade of blue. I can’t even describe it. It’s so cheerful and bright and looks great against the woodwork. It even makes the nursery furniture blend with the other woodwork better. He only did three walls because the fourth wall will be green and he wanted to make sure the blue was totally dry in the corners before painting the last wall. We had a bit of a scare because as the paint was drying, bubbles were appearing all along the middle of the walls. I did some research on the internet and we feared that maybe the previous owners used oil based paint and since we were using latex that may be the problem. The fix for that would be to wait several weeks and then patch the walls and apply a skim coat to the plaster and then repaint. What a pain. Fortunately, several hours later the bubbles disappeared so, problem solved!

I started a cross-stitch for the baby last night. Wow. I haven’t done a cross-stitch in years and it felt a little weird. It’s cute – it’s called Jungle Baby and it even has the same colors as the room. I hope I get it done in time. I started it last night and it was very relaxing. I can see why my mom says knitting is relaxing. Something to do with the repetitiveness of the act along with the immediate gratification of seeing it being created and seeing progress.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had such a good weekend. You needed it. The massage sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete