Friday, February 19, 2010

The bag is packed!

I still need to add Banjo’s clothes but otherwise, my hospital bag is packed. I have my toiletries, not really sure what the hospital will provide I wanted to have my own stuff just to be safe. I have shampoo, body wash, a washcloth, body lotion, lip balm, headband, elastic tie for hair, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant. I also packed a toiletry bag for Pete (his mom supplied the contents as part of his birthday present – cute idea!). I have a nightgown which is nursing friendly, underwear and a robe. I am fully prepared that these items may end up being gross and I may never use them again. I packed Poise pads and I have breast pads and ointment for nursing. I also packed an outfit to wear home. I have a few more things to add such as spare camera and charger, baby book, snacks, ipod, sweatpants and t-shirt, etc. But those things I can add a little later.

I can’t believe how many things are getting crossed off of my master to do list. I’m almost at the point when I come home and can relax without my mind swimming of other things I need to do. I still want to reorganize and clean my scrapbook/craft room and hopefully fit in another project before the baby gets here.

I am finding fewer and fewer options in my wardrobe as I get bigger. So many things that used to look cute on me now look less frumpy and are not comfortable at all. I had told myself I was done with buying any more maternity clothes but I may need one new pair of leggings and I haven’t figured out yet what I’m wearing to the shower next week. I’m tired of wearing boots all the time and I wish it were spring so I could wear cuter shoes (still flats, but at least I’d have more variety than black boots or brown boots…or when I’m really casual black slip on shoes.) I can’t wait to get home every day so I can put on a tank top and sweatpants. When I work from home, I don’t want to work in my pajamas because I don’t think I’ll be as productive so I get up at the same time as if I were going into the office and take a shower and get dressed. Yesterday for some silly reason I wore maternity pants – which halfway through the day I decided were too uncomfortable and I changed into my sweats.

The other advantage of working from home is being able to get some general cleaning up around the house done earlier than normal. I don’t get home from work exhausted and needing to sit down and regroup. Unfortunately I did too much up and down the stairs and bending over and by the time Pete got home I was couch bound with a heating pad again. But the house looks great and when I get home tonight I am making an easy dinner (tortellini) and doing NOTHING but some cross-stitch and maybe watching a movie. I need to be well rested for our baby class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment