Monday, February 22, 2010

Better safe than sorry

I feel a little silly that I made a special trip to the doctor’s office…especially since I already have a doctor’s visit scheduled for this Wednesday. But I was feeling pretty crappy and there were enough weird things that added up to me not feeling too sure about what was going on. I called the nurse to describe how I was feeling and wanted me to come in right away. I probably would have put it off but I felt downright cruddy on Sunday and today. I’ve been getting headaches over the last week (and I haven’t had any headaches during the pregnancy). I would take Tylenol and it would help but not go away 100%. I had seen spots or floaters a few times last week and also had my ears kind of throbbing, ringing. All these things, along with being kind of dizzy and out of it all happened at around the same time and are still continuing. The nurse was worried about high blood pressure and protein in my urine which could be symptoms of pre-e. When I called the nurse at like 9:15 this morning, she wanted me to come in right away and made an appointment for me at 10:00. The good news is that the blood pressure is normal (they took it 3 times) and my urine is normal. They are calling in a prescription for something a little stronger than the Tylenol for my headaches and told me to hydrate and rest. I am so tired of drinking water. But I am being a good girl and drinking tons of water (and sometimes juice to mix it up) plus lots of milk. Believe me, I am hydrated.

I had a good weekend – the Great Expectations class was on Saturday. It wasn’t nearly as boring as I thought it would be. Pete and I were the troublemakers giggling in the corner before class started. Yeah, I’ve read the books before and seen the pictures, but some of the stuff is just funny. I mean, it has to be funny – it’s so far out of the realm of normal to us that we have to laugh about it. She made us all say “perineum” and described how they can tell how many centimeters we’re dilated and how big is 10 cm. (it’s big)! We did some relaxation and Pete gave me a massage. We had a tour of the hospital and saw some videos. Luckily the videos are pretty recent and we weren’t stuck watching something from the 70’s. Oh and the teacher kept using the word “vag” and every time she did it, Pete would tap me which of course made me want to laugh. Couldn’t she say “vagina”? I was half expecting her to say “va-jay-jay.” She was a really good teacher and she used to be a labor and delivery nurse who helped deliver over 4,000 babies. To say she was knowledgeable is an understatement. We got out early and relaxed.

On Sunday I felt so out of it all day. I was very emotional and I can say without a doubt, my nesting has left the building. I was very unmotivated and overall blah. It could also be because I’m back to not sleeping again and that never helps one’s mood. I went to bed last night at around 9:30.

Snow and slush are making this a fabulous Monday and I don’t want to do anything tonight. I’ll probably go to bed early again and try to get out of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment