Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Dentist

Does anyone really like going to the dentist? I never have. Maybe it was ok when I was a kid and it didn’t hurt to floss and going to the dentist meant getting out of school early and getting a fluoride treatment that tasted like bubblegum. But now? I_hate_going_to_the_dentist. Even when I found a dentist I loved, I still hated it. I’ve been putting it off way too long and I have an appointment today and I’m dreading it like you would not believe. I was good for awhile with my flossing and twice yearly checkups. And then I moved and my dentist is way too far away and I procrastinated on finding a new dentist. Those 1-800Dentist commercials on tv make me cringe because I know I need to go to the dentist. I have read that when you’re pregnant people are more likely to get nosebleeds and have bleeding gums. It was advised to get a dental cleaning before getting pregnant to prevent any gum disease which could result in preeclampsia (which is a bad thing). I really thought about going to the dentist but it never happened. Until I noticed in the last two weeks I can’t brush my teeth without lots of blood and I have a tooth that hurts and I haven’t been able to floss in the last few months. So I have made the dreaded dentist appointment. I am fearing the worst (as I always do).

2 comments:

  1. Ack, I thought I left a comment and it isn't here. Grrrr!
    I just said that I hate the dentist too, and it will be over before you know it. Hope it goes okay!

    ReplyDelete

  2. In emergency dental cases, you will first be taken to the triage section of the dental office. From there, your medical history will be taken and a referral to a proper dentist in farmington will be made. With all of your medical history and your oral health history as well, your dentist in farmington will create a dental treatment plan to treat your oral health emergency.
    Dental Clinic in farmington CT

    ReplyDelete