Thursday, January 28, 2010

My dream last night

I had the most vivid dream about going into labor last night. The odd thing is I don’t really remember contractions or anything else like that. This was all about being unprepared to give birth because I didn’t have a bag packed for the hospital, we didn’t have a car seat, nothing in the baby’s room was ready - which shouldn’t matter because the baby will be sleeping in our room in the beginning anyway, but wait! We don’t have our co-sleeper yet either. For some reason the thing that bothered me the most was not having my bag for the hospital. It also seemed like a scheduled thing – which may have explained why I wasn’t experiencing contractions or anything like that. Maybe it was a scheduled c-section…who knows. But we got to the hospital in the morning and Pete basically dropped me off and then went to have breakfast with my dad. I don’t know why only my dad was there and not my mom or my in-laws. I asked Pete to go home and get me some things. I wanted a toothbrush and my makeup and lotion and something comfy to wear. He said he would bring it but I waited and waited and when he got back he didn’t bring anything. I don’t know why nobody else was at the hospital with me. I was just lying on a bed and waiting with nothing to do – nothing to read, no tv, nothing. Every now and then a nurse or doctor would come in and look at my chart, mumble something and leave. It was a very uneventful – but extremely vivid dream. I remember being annoyed at poor Pete when I woke up. I have a list of what I want to bring to the hospital. I should just throw all the stuff together and have it done so I won’t worry about it! It’s silly the things that your mind decides to obsess over.

1 comment: