Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Recipe for tears

Take one part stubborn dog who won’t poop, one part ruined breakfast because there’s too much milk in the oatmeal, add two bags of trash that are annoying you, an empty toilet paper roll and shake well. Add a hefty serving of pelvic pain that has been simmering for hours and enjoy a morning breakdown. Thankfully I was able to wipe my tears on Pete’s shoulder as I apologized for being crabby (I woke him up to take care of the dog because I couldn’t handle him). I took Tylenol for the pain which helps a little. I’m pretty much ok as long as I’m sitting or lying down. When I walk, it takes me about 10 times as long as normal and I make funny faces as I grimace.

I have been so busy at work and the day is flying by. I am tired if being stuck at my desk except when I get up to go to the bathroom. I did some of my physical therapy exercises at my desk to stretch a little bit.

In Banjo related news, I played some more music for him and put the headphones on my belly the other night. He listened to some Foo Fighters and Fleet Foxes (clearly I was stuck on the letter “F”) I’ve also been reading to him. My new favorite is another book from Georgia – “Ma! There’s nothing to do in here!” It’s so cute and the illustrations are adorable. I highly recommend it to every pregnant woman. I don’t get much of a reaction from him when I read to him but he almost always kicks when I play him music (especially Led Zeppelin).

We’re going to start playing around with paint colors for his room this weekend. Once we lay the furniture out a little bit we’re going to take a picture of the room and then use photoshop to see what colors work well. I still love the tree idea on the wall and then just some cute artwork and decorations. We’re also not doing the full bedding set because he won’t ever use the quilt that comes with the set and I have plenty of other blankets that can be used as decoration on the rocker or to use on the floor with him (which were the main recommendations of what to do with the baby bedding – other than hanging it on the wall). Now we just have to put in motion all of these great nursery decorating ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment