Friday, January 15, 2010

Yay for the weekend

So many good things happening this weekend...today started with a boston cremem donut and that's always a good thing. I’m looking forward to another productive weekend. I’ve been too tired each night this week to do much and I’ve been trying to stay off my feet. But now that the closet is done by the contractors, it’s time to get it set up. I’m so excited. It looks like such a cute little room (rather than the unfinished disaster space it previously was). The previous owners left bamboo flooring in the attic so we had that installed and now there are doors into the attic storage and the furnace and a/c unit are behind doors as well. It’s painted with trim and I can’t wait to finish decorating and organizing it.

We have other furniture moving around to do that we started last weekend but never finished. Now that my old office/soon to be baby’s room is almost totally empty (need to move my desk into the spare bedroom but that’s about all that’s left), we can rearrange the furniture and Pete can put together the baby’s crib. I think it’ll be easier to visualize how to decorate the room once we see it a little differently. It was hard with my office stuff in there. We’ve narrowed down some paint colors and have a general idea of what we want.

There are some other things we’ll be doing around the house but most importantly what I’m looking forward to is my pregnancy massage on Saturday afternoon. I’m sure I’ll be worthless the rest of the night and I plan to revel in my relaxation and maybe take a bath that night and generally enjoy myself. I think I’ll dye my hair and give myself a manicure and maybe even a pedicure if I can reach my toes still. I don’t have to work on Monday but I still have to come downtown because of my physical therapy appointment in the afternoon. Oh well. Hopefully they’ll be able to give me some relief. I’m skipping my prenatal yoga class this Saturday because last week I was so unsure of what I could and couldn’t do and I think it was a waste of my time. After PT I’ll know what helps vs hinders.

As usual I have way too many things on my to do list which lately has become Pete’s to do list. Poor guy. He has been so great – especially this last week - in helping out and I still feel bad not doing as much but I’m learning to not push myself. It’s tough because today is a good day (after a horrific near tears day yesterday) and my usual pattern is when I have one good day I do too much and then pay for it the next day (hmm, sounds like my dad. I wonder where I get that from). So I am trying to be conscious of my movements and what may not hurt right now may have an effect later.

On a separate note, it now looks like I am smuggling a basketball under my shirt. I’ll have to post a new belly picture because it’s a more than a little bump now. So the old wive’s tale that you’re carrying a boy if it looks like a basketball must be true!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're taking it easy. Your body (and Banjo) have been telling you to relax for a while, so, you know, listen! Pete will be fine! Don't dismiss all of the hard work YOU are doing by growing a human being inside of you. If it's a choice between moving furniture, painting, and redoing a room, or growing a human in me, I'll take the EASY job of redoing a room.
    You need slacker lessons, big time. I'd be a very good teacher. Someday, a few years after the baby is born, I'm going to take you away for a weekend and we will stay at a bed and breakfast with no computers or projects, and we will get drunk and do absolutely nothing for a whole weekend. You'll be like "Hey, there's a little Antiques shop I saw on the way in-" NO. Nothing. "Well I saw a cool mall we could check out-" Nope. "Want to play checkers?" Nah. Too mentally taxing. "So, what, we're just going to sit here all weekend with this case of wine and the stupid TV and do nothing??" Yup. You got it. You'll hate it for 2 days and by day 3 you'll be like "It's all clear to me now. Doing nothing kicks ASS." Hahahaha this escape from reality brought to you by the words "Slack" and "Er".

    ReplyDelete