Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby dream

I was in the middle of this dream when the alarm woke me up so I was able to remember it before I got out of bed but the worst part was just feeling so unsettled and inadequate. In my dream the baby was born (unfortunately I did not have a feeling if it was a boy or a girl - just "the baby"). I guess the delivery was fine because it was three days after the baby was born and we were all taking a trip to Kentucky for a week. So it was Pete's parents, my parents, Pete and I and 3 strange people I didn't know (their relationship was never really explained) On the car ride there the baby just kept screaming for what seemed like the entire ride and I seemed like I was the only one who noticed it - everyone else in the car just kept on talking like nothing was wrong. When we got to Kentucky, it wasn't Pete's parent's house - it actually looked like the house we used to go to in Shawnee, PA (villa 32C) and it was even decorated like it used to be in the 80's. I was worried about breastfeeding and every time I asked someone for help, they ignored me or said something to the effect of, "Don't worry - you'll be fine." I was holding the baby and I couldn't find a place where there weren't tons of people and I could find any privacy. Looking back, I guess it's a little odd that the poor baby hasn't eaten anything in 3 days...um, no wonder the baby was screaming. The baby was also spitting up which was odd because how can you spit up if you haven't eaten anything? It was chunky like oatmeal and then it was liquid and it was fluorescent yellow. I was sitting in a chair and wiping it off and the baby kept wiggling away from me. The baby was not the size of a newborn - more like a roly-poly 6 month old. I had found a chair in a room away from everyone and was getting ready to breast feed but the baby kept rolling away from me and actually squirmed off my lap to the floor. And then the alarm went off. I woke up knowing I was doing everything wrong and my poor baby was going to starve and wiggle away from me! Sorry, Banjo!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a weird dream. Although Banjo sounds like a wiggly baby already! :) But adorable wiggly, not "squirming away" wiggly.

    ReplyDelete