Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bliss

I can't get enough of this 2nd trimester bliss. Everything seems to be coming together. I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee for three nights in a row! I know this won't last so I'll be grateful for it as long as possible. I've had a few pregnancy weird dreams but nothing crazy. Mainly I can't remember the details but the one I do remember was having to change Banjo's diaper (couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl) and the poop wouldn't stop! I've changed baby diapers before and this was no baby poop - this was Samson sized poop (Samson is our 70 pound labradoodle and anyone who has ever picked up poop from a big dog, knows that this could never be confused with baby poop). I was yelling at Pete to bring more diapers and as soon as that diaper filled up I had to replace it with another one so there was a never-ending pile of poopy diapers. Gladly I know this is a bit of an exaggeration on what real life with Banjo will be like (I hope!). I'm feeling great and I love feeling that little flutter. It always seems to be on the left side so that must be the feet.

We also found the nursery furniture. I know it's early to buy it but there is a 20% sale this weekend on top of the sale price and I can't pass it up. My parents made the very generous offer of buying the baby furniture so when they said to get it, I can't argue with that. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Rakshys!

I had a great day today and got to sleep in (another thing I know I will be missing several months from now) and met Colleen for a yummy brunch and got a haircut. I love my new bouncy 'do (nothing drastic - just a trim and cleanup since I've been growing it out but it feels so nice now.) Then I stopped at the mall - which I normally hate but I went there with a purpose (maternity store) for some work pants and maternity tights and since I parked where I needed to be it wasn't too bad. I also found some cute flats and stopped at Coldstone Creamery for what may have been the best milkshake ever - it was birthday cake ice cream and yellow cake mix ice cream and something else....I dunno but it was amazing!

My only complaint is that since I now have to start sleeping on my side (no more tummy or back sleeping) the right side of my neck is KILLING me. So I sat with an ice pack and watched Princess Bride (one of my favorite movies ever) and now I'm going to walk the dog with Pete. Overall a pretty great day!!!

3 comments:

  1. For side sleeping maybe try a really squishy pillow on top of a flatter one. You can kind of bunch up or flatten out the squishy pillow until you feel comfortable. (I sleep on my side so the squishy pillow is a way of life for me.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't use one but i saw this big U shaped pregnancy pillow that looks awesome! I saw it at Buy Buy Baby which will be a dangerous place to go but it is FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to continue using extra strategically placed pillows. It seems early for me to be putting a pillow between my legs but it helps a lot and no more sore neck and I also no longer wake up alarmed that "Oh no, I was sleeping on my back - I'm killing my baby!" I've been reassured that it's impossible to not shift sleep positions during the night and if I sleep a little bit (unintentionally) on m back, it's ok.
    I've been into that Buy Buy Baby store and I agree, it can be very dangerous!

    ReplyDelete