Monday, October 19, 2009

Old wives tales

So I just read an interesting old wives tale: when you first feel the baby flutter/move determines when the baby will be born. They say the birth will occur exactly 5 months after you first feel the baby move. That would put me at March 17 -two weeks early from the current due date and two days after my birthday. Hmmm... could be pretty cool. I would like to have a Pisces baby. So that means I would need to deliver early and it would have to be by March 20.

I haven't felt any flutters today but I did yesterday and Sunday. I also read a description of another mom-to-be describing it like when there's a goldfish in a bag and it's bumping against the bag.

2 comments:

  1. What do the flutters mean? Are those the feet? Or is Banjo blowing bubbles? Are they like reflexes (like when a dog dreams and moves his feet) or is Banjo having fun in there? I'm curious! It sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know exactly what the flutters are but I think (and Pete's mom thinks so too) that it's Banjo's lil feet kicking around. When we had the last ultrasound, Banjo was turning around and doing somersaults and looked to be having a great time in there. So far I've felt the flutters a few times every day and it's reassuring and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete