Saturday, October 24, 2009

Very first step to getting Banjo's room ready

It's not a big step but we gave away the chaise that was in my office - which will be Banjo's room. I loved that chaise. I bought it with a matching red couch when I moved into my condo and I loved that it was my first adult furniture purchase. It was so comfy and I spent many hours sitting on it reading (usually with a kitty snuggled nearby). Sadly it doesn't fit anywhere in our house now - style-wise or the size of it. We gave the couch away last year (after it sat in our dining room with an extra box spring for about 6 months). The couch went to a neighbor's son who was moving into his first apartment. I know I could have sold both on Craig's List but I liked knowing they're going to someone who needed them and will use them. The chaise went to my friend, Emily (along with a jewelry armoire that I decided I no longer wanted). Both are for her boutique. Shameless plug for Emily - Mr. and Mrs. Digz, new and recycled clothing and accessories in Andersonville. www.mrandmrsdigz.com. So I now have a bare space in my office as I slowly move the rest of the furniture to other places in the house. My bookcases will be moved upstairs to our bedroom to make a little sitting area. My computer is going into Pete's office in the basement. And my desk and filing cabinet for paying bills will be moved to the spare bedroom.
I have several other projects we want to get done in the next few months and hopefully my energy will last.
I'm feeling much better today - fewer cramps and I got a pretty good night's sleep. We've been pretty productive today and if this productivity lasts, I think we'll reward ourselves with dinner and a movie. I think we'll finally see Zombieland which we've been wanting to see since it first came out. And we have a gift certificate (the birthday gift that keeps on giving - dinner of the month gift certificates from John and Eileen) to dinner at a steak house nearby.


No comments:

Post a Comment