Friday, October 30, 2009

Babymoon

Now that I've recovered from my frantic worrying this past week, I'm feeling much more calm again. I'm debating on if I should buy one of those doppler heartbeat monitors. The ones at BabiesRUs are only amplifiers and the reviews are terrible. But I read great reviews from moms on the Hi Bebe doppler which is $80 without a screen and $100 with the screen (the screen tells you the baby heartbeats per minute). It's funny because before I was pregnant and even when I was first pregnant I scoffed at those things and thought they were silly. But having to wait almost a week for reassurance was nerve wracking and I don't want to stress out unnecessarily.

Today we're going to Galena for a Babymoon weekend. I never heard of a Babymoon until I got pregnant and was reading blogs and magazines and online articles and I found out about it. Basically it's a chance for mom and dad-to-be to have a nice relaxing vacation together before the baby arrives. They recommend taking a Babymoon during the 2nd trimester because mom is hopefully feeling less nausea, more energy and it's before the wonky 3rd trimester stuff begins. So we're leaving today to go to Galena for the weekend. Most of the leaves may have already fallen but it's only 3 hours away and we'll be staying at a Victorian b&b. On Halloween there's a parade and a balloon glow and we're signed up for a ghost walk. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm 18 weeks now and I 'll post a new belly picture when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment