Monday, October 12, 2009

ooo, My first post

I’m starting this blog a little later than I would have liked but now that I’m feeling warm and fuzzy (and not sick to my stomach) in the second trimester I have the motivation and the energy. Banjo (our nickname for our growing bundle of joy) has decided to stop tormenting me and I feel great. I didn’t actually throw up during the first trimester but I felt sick to my stomach pretty much every minute of the day for about two months. I started to get used to it and a few times I was feeling “better” but now I realize those days I felt better were just not as bad as the other days. I’m not complaining because I know women who have had it way worse and have thrown up the entire nine months. I remember when my sister-in-law, Eileen, was pregnant with Caitlin she would pull over to the side of the road on her way to school and throw up pretty regularly. So I am relieved I’m feeling better and also glad to be able to stay up later than 9:00 every night and not have those low points that I had when I thought I would pass out at about 2:00 every single day. So, woo hoo for more energy!

I’m now 15 weeks, 2 days pregnant. The baby is about the size of a beefsteak tomato (according to alphamom) compared to last week being the size of my fist or a peach. Whattoexpect.com says the baby is the size of an orange. Hmmm. All of this produce inspired comparisons is making me hungry…and confused. I think my fist is larger than the size of a beefsteak tomato, so is Banjo shrinking? And for some odd reason, none of the websites I frequent have a size listed for next week. So Banjo stays the same size?

One of the changes in the second trimester is that I am always hungry. Seriously – always hungry. I can’t stop eating or thinking of what to eat. I want to gain a reasonable amount of weight so I’m trying to stick to my schedule for eating regular snacks throughout the day but I’m like a mouse waiting for my next pellet. Is it time to eat now? How about now? Now? Food? On a day when I gave in to eating anything that I wanted, here’s what I ate: oatmeal, a yogurt drink , cheese crackers. Then a rice krispie treat, 100 grand bars, kit kats, Arby’s BIG beef and cheddar with curly fries and a chocolate milkshake and later a bag of cheetos then more crackers, chocolate and then shishkabobs for dinner. I’ve only gained 5 pounds since becoming pregnant but if I keep eating like that, I don’t think I’ll be gaining a reasonable amount of weight. Luckily I wasn’t eating that much in the first trimester because I felt so sick to my stomach and I guess now I’m making up for it. I also normally don’t eat so unhealthy but I decided for one day to just eat whatever I want. Usually my snacks are raisins, a granola bar or apples instead of candy.

I will try to post regularly so I can document what’s going on with my ever changing weird body. I’m looking forward to being able to feel Banjo moving around in the next few weeks. I read that the earliest movement will feel like carbonated bubbles popping around. Makes me want to drink a soda.

1 comment:

  1. I love how they compare baby sizes to food.

    Maybe you can give yourself 1 day a week to eat anything, and the rest of the time stick to your schedule? Well you know what's best for you and Banjo, so do what you feel is best. :) I can't wait to hear about him / her moving - that will be so cool. :)

    I also can't wait to read more! I am a proud cheerleader of Team Banjo!

    ReplyDelete