Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dopplers and delivery woes

I’m going to try to get back to blogging every day. Especially since it’s blog every day month NaBloPoMo. I don’t have the patience or time to participate in NaNoWriMo but I think I can handle a post a day. I have a few to catch up on so I can have 30 posts this month.

I’m feeling good. My big news is that I ordered the Doppler monitor and it arrived yesterday!! I was excited and nervous but Pete found Banjo’s heartbeat right away. I think I may have gone a little overboard applying the gel (and oo, it was cold. It’s much nicer in the doctor’s office when they have it sitting in a little gel warmer) but I’ll use less next time. The monitor wasn’t displaying the actual heartbeat rate correctly. It seemed to jump around the 70’s and 80’s which I know is too low and it wasn’t actually beating that slow. A few times, I registered at about 155 and then 160 (which is line with what it’s been in the doctor’s office) but Banjo was moving around a lot so we had to keep moving the monitor to catch. What a cool whoosh whoosh sound to hear. It’s just so peaceful and comforting to hear it. I’m glad I heard it first in the doctor’s office because I’m not sure I would know what I was listening for.

The other big news is that the nursery furniture should be delivered this Saturday. After a great deal of frustration with the local delivery company trying to schedule this, hopefully this will be resolved when they show up on Saturday. I originally received a call from JC Penney’s last week letting me know I would be getting a call from the local delivery company to schedule the delivery. I tried to stall a bit because we’re not quite ready to receive the furniture yet but they wanted to get this thing delivered. Ok, I understand that. They gave me the number of who would be contacting me – 630-510-8187. I received a call from them and they wanted to deliver it this Wednesday between 3:00 and 5:00 pm. I explained that Pete and I both work and told them I’d have to look into other arrangements and that I’d get back to them. They said they did NOT have deliveries on Saturdays and the latest they could schedule something on a weekday was in the 3:00 – 7:00 window. They called me again the next day and I tried to call them back but there was an issue with their phone. Marci doesn’t have to work this Friday so she offered to be there for the delivery on Friday between noon and 3. Ok, great…problem solved. Yeah, problem solved except for the fact that every time I tried to call them this past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I heard an automated message that says “please enter the extension of who you want to talk to or if you don’t know the extension, press 00.” If you press 00 you hear the exact same message so you’re stuck in a loop. If you hit it enough times you can leave a message in their general mailbox. I left several messages and never heard from anyone. That number was for the local trucking company. Since I had no luck getting a hold of them, on Tuesday I called the original JC Penney number who originally called me about the delivery. They were trying to be helpful and when I talked to them they submitted a message to the delivery company and were surprised I never heard back. They also told me they’ve had several other complaints about them in the last 2 days. I ended up getting transferred a bunch of times within JCP (because I wasn’t willing to let this sit until I got transferred to someone who could help me). I finally talked to someone who gave me the phone number for the JCP shipping hub – Ceva trucking. The receptionist was rude and as soon as she heard the words “JC Penn” she transferred me to someone’s voicemail. I called back and she sent me to someone else’s voicemail. I called back AGAIN and was rude and said I didn’t want someone’s voicemail – I wanted this resolved. I stayed on hold until I talked to a rude guy and I tried to explain to him the problems I was having and after he said that he didn’t know why I was calling that 630 number that this was the only number I should have called. We arranged the Saturday delivery (I told him the person I talked to said they couldn’t do Saturday delivery) and then he said “see how easy it is when you call the right number?” Grrr Arrrgh. Terrible customer service and I’m not even confident that they will show up on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that SUCKS about the delivery people. I hope JC Penney's drops them. Take pics of the nursery if you can! Getting the new furniture is really exciting! :)
    The doppler sounds really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to get a job as an ultrasound tech - the doppler was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i saw the title I thought, oh no, problems with your delivery already? Isn't it too soon for that? then I realized it was about the furniture.

    I like that you got a doppler. I think I wanted one of these all the time when J was pg.

    our midwife said the the slower heartbeat is the moms, the faster one is the babies.

    ReplyDelete