Wednesday, November 11, 2009

World's Finest Chocolates

Some motivated kid was in the office selling that fundraising chocolate - world's finest chocolate. The one that comes in almond, caramel, crisp or plain chocolate. He dared to not walk to my desk and ask me if I wanted any. I made a "casual" trip down the hallway stalking the poor kid so I could buy some chocolate. I bought one of each except for the almond, bleh. If he's smart, he'll be back tomorrow.

Totally unrelated is the question on how healthy is my immune system since I just spent 4 hours locked in a conference room with about 4 sick people coughing, sneezing, hacking and sharing their ickies. Purell hand sanitizer is my best friend today. Sitting on the train twice a day must be building up my immunity. It doesn't help that the contractor who came over last night was telling us about his friend whose wife is pregnant and she just died from the flu. Yup, less than 5 minutes after Pete and I tell this guy I'm pregnant that he shares that lovely story of how the mom-to-be and baby both died. This is when filters come in handy. For the record, I do not want to hear ANYBODY's horror stories about bad deliveries that either happened to themself or a friend or a cousin of a friend. If I want to be terrified, there are enough shows on TV that tell complicated delivery stories. I can also find them online if I like. I've requested that Pete read the chapters in my pregnancy books on "Concerns and Complications." We will address whatever happens as it happens but I don't need to hear horror stories and start freaking out about things now. It's bad enough I'm afraid my uterus will fall out!

On that note, time for some candy.

1 comment:

  1. Your uterus isn't going anywhere!
    And I'm with you, you don't need to hear any stupid stories about other people's pregnancies. That guy was ignorant for saying anything at all. I'd be like "I once knew a guy who was a contractor and made ignorant comments and his body was never found again!"

    My best-friendly advice is to enjoy every second of being pregnant, it's really a pretty damn awesome miracle that you have a PERSON in you! I love that you're sharing the process via this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete