Monday, November 23, 2009

Kicks!!!

FINALLY I felt the baby kick (and not just flutters) . I'm not sure what I was expected but the little taps I was getting throughout the day weren't just gas. I realized they were kicks when we pulled out the doppler monitor and were listening around for the heartbeat (heard the one strong one at 150-ish and another lighter one which I'm guessing is an echo of my own slower heartrate). After we put the doppler away I was sitting there with my hands on my belly and maybe the prodding from the doppler instigated it but I felt something and I told Pete and it kept happening. We were wondering if Pete would be able to feel it too. He put his hand on my belly but not only could he not feel anything but the kicks stopped all together. I ate a peppermint patty candy and the sugar must have stirred something up because there were more kicks and a few were strong enough for Pete to actually feel it! It's not strong enough to see but it a great feeling. And now I can stop whining about not feeling any kicks!

Samson is acting more like his normal self so these must be some potent meds. He wanted to be part of the belly picture.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! That is one feeling I never got tired of experiencing. Some people complain that baby keeps them up at night kicking but I love that- so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOHHHH!!!! I'm all happy. :) Pete's Facebook update was adorable, too. Does it hurt?

    ReplyDelete