Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wait is almost over

My waiting to find out if Banjo’s a boy or a girl is almost over. I can’t wait to find out. Obviously I will be happy with a boy or a girl – it will just be nice to actually know for sure.

My parents are coming in for a visit and they’re arriving today. I have the ultrasound appointment tomorrow morning with the doctor. Pete’s going to that with me. The room is too small and cramped to fit me, Pete, my mom, my dad and the doctor. Before I knew when my doctor’s appointment was even scheduled I had made an appointment for a 3-D ultrasound at a place in Oak Park. It’s only $39 and that’s one my parents can go to. So I am having two ultrasounds tomorrow. I know it seems a little silly and excessive but I know I want the normal ultrasound that the doctor looks at to ensure everything is developing on target. And the 3-D ultrasound just sounds like it would be so cool. Plus my parents get to be involved which is tough because they live so far away.

They’re staying until Monday and while they’re here we’ll register for stuff at Babies R Us and maybe work on clearing out what is still my office but will soon be the nursery. I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing week with them. The only downside is that normally when my mom and I visit each other, we stay up late drinking wine and that will definitely be an activity I can’t partake in this year. Maybe Pete will be up for the task.

Nothing new…just getting tired of waking up every night at around 1:00 a.m. and not being able to fall back asleep. Pete says it’s because I’m getting too much sleep. I argue that 4 hours of sleep is not too much sleep. With almost a week off of work, I will try sleeping in to catch up on my sleep. I will save up as much sleep as I can now so that when Banjo’s born I can cash it in.

This will be Banjo’s first Thanksgiving. Thinking about food I have to get this bib for Banjo.

1 comment:

  1. May I suggest registering at Buy Buy Baby instead? It is soooo much nicer. Babies R Us is just trashy compared to this place. There is one in Downer's grove and one in Schaumburg.

    ReplyDelete