Monday, November 9, 2009

Reassessing

I feel much better today than yesterday. No tears and no heartburn or acid reflux. I’ve had to rewrite my to do list because I didn’t get nearly as much done over the weekend as I would have liked. But it also forced me to reprioritize and I realized there are some things I don’t need to stress out about. So we decided we are not even going to think about painting the dining room until after Christmas. The weekends are already getting filled up and we need to uninterrupted days to paint and there just don’t seem to be any. The current colors aren’t terrible – they’re just not what we want to keep forever. I will have to empty out the current sideboard that’s in there anyway so it doesn’t matter whether I do it now or later. And one less thing to worry about right now is always good.

One thing worrying me is I think Samson may have a urinary tract infection. He’s been drinking more than normal and he’s been peeing in the house. It’s not like a little bit – it’s a huge pile that takes about a half roll of paper towels to clean up. So he has a vet appointment this Wednesday. I hope it’s something that can be treated with pills and that it isn’t diabetes. When I saw the mess he left Sunday morning – one hour after I walked him and he went outside, I almost lost it. I was so mad. I went upstairs and hooked up my Doppler monitor and the woosh woosh of my little Banjo calmed me down.

Today – for the first time in awhile I’m thinking maybe Banjo is a boy again. No reason…just having boy vibes today. Maybe it’s because Ann went on the guess the gender baby poll and voted for Boy about 3 or 4 times. She was surprised that it let you vote more than once. I thought maybe the honesty policy would apply but then realized I’m talking about Ann and it could have been one of her other personalities voting those other times. What will I have to wonder and worry about once I finally know the baby’s gender??!! Oh, I’m sure I’ll think of something.

2 comments:

  1. Reprioritizing is a good thing. I think it's so cute that Banjo's swishes calmed you down. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute belly pics! Based on the shape of your belly and how you are carrying I would say boy. But with your sickness and hormones, I would say girl. I guess we'll all find out soon!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete