Saturday, November 21, 2009

Good Samson news

So we got back from the vet and the good news is that Samson has an infection. So he's going on antibiotics which should take care of the urinating and excess drinking of water. It is so much easier to treat a medical issue than a behavioral issue. I feel terrible that he's sick but beyond relieved that there is a solution in sight. Yay!!!

I had my prenatal yoga class this morning. I missed it last week because of the furniture delivery and I really love going to that class. The stretches feel great and one of my favorite times is when we sit with our hands on our bellies and just kind of connect with baby. It's so peaceful and special (and corny, I know).

I had my normal insomnia last night but I got so much sleep last night and slept in today. I am trying to relish and enjoy every moment of sleep I get now so I later I can look back and go "Remember what it felt like to sleep? Sleep was great"

I took an odd old wives tale test to predict the baby's gender and it had the normal questions like what's the baby's heartbeat and are you carrying high or low and do you prefer salty or sweet but it also had weird questions like does your pillow face north or south, do you like to eat the heel of bread, does your mother have gray hair? Seriously? Anyway, that test said it's about 67% sure I'm having a girl. Then there's my friend, Carol, who thinks I'm having a boy based on the most recent baby births in our office. Two boys, then two girls and since the most recent birth was a boy then I will have a boy to keep the pattern going. My mom thinks it's a girl - because she just knows. :) We'll see soon enough!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Samson is sick, but glad to hear that there's an explanation for the indoor peeing. With potty problems, it might help to keep him on a leash near you whenever you're home, that way you will see the signs before he can go to his "spot" and pee there. And definitely get him back on his schedule (or as close to it as possible.) That will help (if thisng persist).

    I have no idea what the gender will be - I know you wanna know NOW but given the fact that all of your sources of guesses conflict, I think you're going to have to wait till you get to your doc appt. :) C'mon, the anticipation is fun! (Okay for me it is!)

    I love hearing about your yoga class, it's not cheesy at all, that's really cool and important. Bonding with Banjo is awesome. It's also the name of my new book I invented just now.

    ReplyDelete